Fire in Duncanville City Hall

by Leslie Thomas

DUNCANVILLE, TX – In the wee hours of Monday morning, December 9th, an electrical fire in city hall set off fire alarms. The uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system’s inverter malfunctioned which caused a capacitor to explode melting surrounding components. The City Hall’s phone lines and internet access were inoperable. Quick response by Duncanville Information Technician Paul Preston resolved the issues by lunch time. Preston had secured an engineer from Oklahoma by Monday 2am to fix the system. The UPS system was bypassed pending repair